Letterman Pokes Fun at Guy Who Lost iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
[citation][nom]serjster[/nom]Looks like Letterman works for Jobs now[/citation]
You obviously didn't watch the video. Here's a little food for thought. This time try reading the whole article. It will be a new and exciting experience for you I'm sure.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Apple employee screws up...father of apple employee insists that the phone was stolen

lol - why is this not surprising....how could anything related to apple be at fault?!

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
If the guy lost a device that he wasn't supposed to lose, that's a mark against him. I think there is more to this story, IOW an Apple engineer that knows the importance of the device would probably not carry it to a bar. I've read speculation that this is a publicity ploy, and it's working. Lost, stolen or planted, this has been a great publicity opportunity for Apple.

Letterman OTOH is lower than slime.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Ok so a guy lost a phone and now prolly his job.

So you're going to kick him when he's down on national television?

Just because he lost a phone? Don't tell me you havent ever misplaced or lost a phone or iPod before. It happens to everyone. Humor only goes so far.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
MY PREDICTION:!!!!! IF Apples marketing team is smart than they will let Gary Introduce the Iphone this summer instead of Steve Jobs. Maybe make fun of it. If apple fires him they will receive more bad press than the last guy who committed suicide after loosing an iphone(3G?).

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I also do not feel bad for the kid. Honestly, you need to be responsible for things. What if this kid worked for the government and held a top secret clearance? The point is, he has demonstrated that he is not responsible. Too bad, this may end his career in the short term since no company may want to trust him around their products.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Meanwhile our Gray Powell has been offered an all expenses paid Business Class trip to Germany by Lufthansa. Nice. Though I guess Steve Jobs may be wishing it's one way ticket.

Still, we all make mistakes. Empathy is a gift.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
"As for the Letterman show, check out the video stuck on CNET's flash-laden page by heading here." Ipad users will have to find another way to view the video.

Letterman is funny... for a PC guy.

This is really a lame way for Apple to get free advertising. Believe me that Apple is very pleased that Dave mentioned them on Late Night.

If Apple really wanted it back, 3 black vans would have pulled up to the guys house. He would have then been dragged from the house with a burlap sack over his head. The guy that lost the phone would have also been fired on the spot.

I recently played with an iphone for about an hour. It's a nice toy. But I work with a Blackberry and I get the feeling that Letterman has a Blackberry as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS