Lg 49 ultra hd connect to yamaha rx-v365 through hdmi FAILED

alexstratop

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hi there. In the begining i tried to connect my yamaha to the tv with an rca (red white) but i relized that the ports on the back of the screen should be IN ports and not OUT. Thats when i used HDMI cable. I followed all instructions about changing settings in my TV but still no sound sending to my receiver. Is there specific HDMI cable or am i doing some other things wrong? Thank you

Solution
I don't thing that receiver has ARC so you even if the TV does you can't use an HDMI cable to get audio from the TV to the receiver. Without the model number I can't be sure what audio outputs your TV has. Most likely it has optical audio out. The receiver has optical audio in. You need a toslink cable.
Check the TV and receiver manuals on how to configure the TV and receiver.
You may have to turn the optical output on and the TV speakers off in the TV menu.
You may have to assign the optical connections to an input.
I don't thing that receiver has ARC so you even if the TV does you can't use an HDMI cable to get audio from the TV to the receiver. Without the model number I can't be sure what audio outputs your TV has. Most likely it has optical audio out. The receiver has optical audio in. You need a toslink cable.
Check the TV and receiver manuals on how to configure the TV and receiver.
You may have to turn the optical output on and the TV speakers off in the TV menu.
You may have to assign the optical connections to an input.

Solution