lg aristo contact ring tones

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have the lg aristo and i sure would like to set up ringtones for each person in my list. it would be nice if i could get each contact to have a seperate ringtone. i got the app zedge and made a bunch of favorites and i see some of them are downloaded. i went into the wifes contact page and tapped the pencil symbol and put in the ringtone field a ringtone called your wife. under notification sound i made it silent because with a sound in that field i got that sound. so i made it silent. she sent a text and all i got was a voice message telling me her name not the ringtone.

so maybe the lg can't do it? any help welcome. thanks

Sounds like you are mistaking associating them with calls as also for messages. They don't work for messages, just calls. Text messages will come through with the same sound you have set for all messages. To get messages to have individual sounds for individual contacts would require an additional app.

The following will set up sounds for calls from a contact. Not messages.

1. Tap "Contacts" and then tap the person who you wish the ringtone assigned to.
2. Tap the "Edit" icon and then tap "Ringtone".
3. Locate and tap the ringtone you wish to use and then tap "OK".

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks that must be what it is. i don't use the phone hardly at all i use the texting as i can't hear on the phone. and the way you explain it i will not be able to make texts have different sounds. makes sense. i do have an app called zedge and i got a bunch of ringtones thinking they would work for texts as well. so if they don't then i may as well just delete that app as it will not do me any good. again thanks bp.

I thought of something that may or may not work for you. Depends on how the manufacturer has that device set up. When you go into the contacts and choose an individual contact to edit, you could try selecting "Add another field" and then see if one of the options it offers is "Message tone". If so, then you can change that one for the contact. If not, then it doesn't have the option.