LG Claims Thinnest LCD Panel Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Eventually we're going to see special plastic that can create tv images that can be applied on the wall like wallpaper.

Technology already exist, just they are trying to figure out the best way to cheaply mass produce it. I would guess we will see this technology out in the market in about 5 years or so. When that happens we're going to see massive amount of "ads" all over the place including public transit and light poles.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Yay! I always had a harder time breaking those other TVs while in a drunken rage. Now I can get a large expensive object that will break more easily when I punch it!

[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]Eventually we're going to see special plastic that can create tv images that can be applied on the wall like wallpaper.Technology already exist, just they are trying to figure out the best way to cheaply mass produce it.[/citation]

Sounds like OLEDs to me. Sony had already made a few of them that are stable.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
For about $80 you can get a watch that plays movies using a small OLED. Not sure the specs on it, or if it would be flexible if you removed it from the housing.

G

i dont get all this crap about 120hz and up refresh crap. no one films video over 30fps right? sounds like bs to me.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
i think the 120hz refresh "crap" is more useable for gaming, i looking forward for 22" lcd for gaming (maybe in 2-3 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.