LG LED TV has no picture (black screen) but still has sound - can it be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreddy

Estimable
May 28, 2015
My 32' LG LED TV has suddenly lost picture! The sound is alright but the screen is pitch black. After switching it on the picture flashes for a second and then the screen goes completely black. I have unplugged everything, tried to reset it, no good.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it can be fixed, just about anything can be fixed unless you threw it off your roof and then ran it over with a tank. Is it worth fixing? Probably not for a 32" TV, by the time you pay someone to look at it, buy the parts, it will cost almost as much as a new or a used working TV.

Irishgogirl

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015

Hello I was wondering if you had any success on your LG LED TV ? I have a 50" LG HDTV and it just happened to me. :(
I did call the LG hotline and because its under 1yr they are sending out a repair guy, but what ended up happening to your tv did you get it fixed?

Thanks, Irishgogirl

jake1441

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
I bought the 65 inch LGUltra HD 4K Smart LED TV (Model #65UB9200) 3 weeks ago, and I have had this happen several times in the past week. I called LG support and they are sending out a local repair service to take a look. Tomorrow I have to call the repair service to schedule a time, hopefully they can accommodate my wife and I's work schedule. I am not happy to have this happen so soon on an expensive TV. I'll keep you posted what happens.
FYI - I bought the TV and had it installed by P.C. Richards

Jonnypd

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
This has just happened on my 55" lg led. Flashes up the lg on screen. Then completely black but with audio.

Done a couple of tests and shining a touch on the screen reveals nothing so it's not the back light.

When your engineer comes round... Maybe ask what the problem was and the solve for it? Far as I can tell... It is one of the rear boards?

If anyone can shed any light on it that would be great. Looking to repair this myself.

Model 55la620v

justtzn

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015

Hey Irishgogirl! This is actually happening to me now. I also have a 50" LG TV. I purchased mine almost 2 years ago though, so it is not under warranty. Did they tell you what was wrong?

Duvvuri

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

Timbo01

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
It's your leds. You get a flash on the screen when you power it on but then goes to black screen. You have a couple of leds that are not working behind the panel. I've replaced many of these on many tvs. It's a total breakdown to replace the strips of leds.

Heidi_1

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

Would you have a link of leds to purchase?
The screen is giving me lines, static and a flash of a bit if picture, then black again. I'm really hoping if I do the right research I can fix this tv for my husband. So no motherboard, leds?
Thanks.

George Julius

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Jake 1441 have you gone and updated the OS. I had to do that for mine after I had a tech come out. You can do a search to show you how to update it. However, lesson learned, don't buy from the French. I have it recurring again, most likely a blown capacitor.

Deedeestephens

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

By chance did the technician tell you what was wrong?

Clifford_3

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016

Clifford_3

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
My 50 inch did the same thing couldn't get help from lg because it was 3 months out of warranty did some troubleshooting it was the led backlights bought some from shop jimmy for cheap and changed them myself wasn't too hard to do and tv works fine again 50 bucks for all the LEDs only needed to change one strip have the rest in case it happens again sounds like a common problem

PaulMoly

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

I have the same model but 47la620v. Did you manage to sort it out or find what the problem was? Also looking to repair myself.

Clifford_3

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016

Clifford_3

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
Take the screen off hit power and watch LEDs if any don't flash its LEDs if they all flash its probably t con board had same problem with mine it was LEDs does red light on front flash 2 or 3 times shopjimmy on line has the parts for cheap 50 buck for all LEDs and 20 bucks for t con board

MdNepal

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

Hi Irishgogirl,

I also have a 50' one, 3D. I'm having same issue. I got mine 2 years ago, so no warranty. Did the technician tell you anything on what had happened?

Thanks,
MD

Clifford_3

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.