Lg plasma tv

Gaston_2

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I heard a loud pop and the tv shut off and even the standby light is off. The estimate a technician gave me is 250 which I think is too much because the power supply board is 55 dollars. Can I do this myself by replacing the power supply board or do I need the technician?

Solution
If you have no experience, no guide is going to help you enough. They are dangerous, especially power supplies. This isn't recommended. No offense, if you decide to repair that's fine, and if you're looking for a new TV; I'll be more than happy to help.

All the best!
Depends on your comfort zone with electronics. These guys will be helpful.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/
The technician may not be replacing the entire board but replacing bad capacitors with higher spec ones that won't blow out again. More time consuming and ultimately a better way to go. He also takes responsibility in case it is more than just the PS board.

Gaston_2

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
That's actually where I found the part that I need. They don't have technicians to answer questions but they were great either way. If I were to ask you for a recommendation what would you have me do if you were in my shoes?