LG Stylo 2 with Boost Mobile shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyW25

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
I use my Lg Stylo 2 as an alarm clock. This morning at 2 am it was at 100% battery so I unplugged it. I had an alarm set for 6:30 am but it never went off. I check to see why and my phone had shut off. It's done this once before, both with 100% battery. The first time though, the phone was still plugged into the charger. I tried to turn it on holding the power button for 30 seconds but it didn't work for either of the times it had shut off. I ended up having to take out the battery and then turn the phone on by holding the power button for both times. It seems to shut off due to inactivity?? Is there a way to fix this??

Solution
Try each of these steps (preferably in order) to see if it helps resolve your problems...

1. Take out the SD card.

A. Remove the back cover of the phone, starting from the slot located at the lower left.
B. Remove the battery.
C. Remove the SD card.
D. Reinsert the battery.
E. Press and hold the Power key to turn your phone back on.

2. Check to see if your phone is running low on memory.

3. Clear app caches.

A. Clear the 'Cache' of your apps to free up space.
B. Be sure you clear only the apps cache and not the apps data.

NOTE: Make sure you save any information that could be lost in doing this. Like history, URLs, passwords, etc. that are associated with the app you are clearing the cache of.

C. From the home screen, swipe...
Try each of these steps (preferably in order) to see if it helps resolve your problems...

1. Take out the SD card.

A. Remove the back cover of the phone, starting from the slot located at the lower left.
B. Remove the battery.
C. Remove the SD card.
D. Reinsert the battery.
E. Press and hold the Power key to turn your phone back on.

2. Check to see if your phone is running low on memory.

3. Clear app caches.

A. Clear the 'Cache' of your apps to free up space.
B. Be sure you clear only the apps cache and not the apps data.

NOTE: Make sure you save any information that could be lost in doing this. Like history, URLs, passwords, etc. that are associated with the app you are clearing the cache of.

C. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
D. Tap the Settings icon.
E. From the General tab, scroll to and tap Apps.
F. Scroll to and tap the app.
G. Tap Storage.
H. Tap Clear cache.

4. Close or uninstall apps.

Some apps keep running in the background, even when you are not using them. Also, some apps consume more energy than others. Sadly some apps come pre-installed on your phone and you can't uninstall them.

A. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
B. Tap the Settings icon.
C. From the General tab, scroll to and tap Apps.
D. Scroll to and tap the app.
E. Close (turn off) an app: Tap Force stop.
F. Uninstall (remove from phone) an app: Tap Uninstall, and then OK.

5. Update your phones Firmware.

If the phone is running out of date firmware this can also lead to problems. Make sure yours is up to date.

Solution

Andyallenb40

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017

to the answer I've done that and plus a lot more but I think that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard we bought the phone so we get add the apps that we won't without worrying that it will cause problems because it has a it will cause problems because this phone has a decent-size memory and so we don't have to keep cleaning the used River out all day long we have better things to do then fix the phone we just purchase and we shouldn't have to babysit the expensive device that we just purchased we should not have to clean out the used memory up all day long just to keep it working that is way too maintenance for a device that is paid to make your life simpler and easier they need to go ahead recall the Boost LG Stylo 2 and return every bodies money or a replacement phone because they cannot be fixed. But by all means if there's a hundred percent proven way that it could be please let me know that private telephone number removed by Moderator.

If you have Developer Options in your Settings>More list, you can tell the device not to sleep while charging. You'll have to put it face down or stand something on the screen to stop the light keeping you awake.

In Setitings>More find Build Number and tap it seven times then you will see a message "you are now a developer" . Another menu appears called Developer Options and one of this is Stay Awake. Tick that box and so long as the phone is connected and charging, it won't go into sleep mode.

Obviously, it has to sleep if it isnt on mains power or the battery will flatten completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.