Solved! LG V40 Image Gallery Problem

Dec 10, 2018
Sorry if this has already been asked/resolved;
I am new to Android phones and am having trouble finding a sure solution to a problem I've been having:

I recently made the jump from iPhone to a new LG V40 ThinQ and was able to take advantage of their "free" 256GB MicroSD promo offer... After installing the MicroSD I went ahead and made it my default storage for image files. The issue I'm experiencing is that when I save an image (from Google Images for example) it does not show automatically in the stock Gallery application.

What do I need to do to make this happen?? Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
Files from the camera to the card is not the same as saved from another app. So if you are say in the browser, and save an image, unless the settings within the browser app itself were set to save to the same location, they will go wherever the browser is set to save to.

Now with some devices, even if you have have it saved to the right place, unless you open/close and then reopen the gallery they won't show.
Files from the camera to the card is not the same as saved from another app. So if you are say in the browser, and save an image, unless the settings within the browser app itself were set to save to the same location, they will go wherever the browser is set to save to.

Now with some devices, even if you have have it saved to the right place, unless you open/close and then reopen the gallery they won't show.

Solution