Line in audio being disabled

josh72790

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I'm using my monitor to play on my ps4. I'm running a 3.5mm cable out from my monitor into one of the audio ports on the back of my pc so I can get sound through my headphones. The problem is when I go on skype or teamspeak the line in seems to be disabled. Once I close either program I immediately get sound back from my ps4. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Solution
Make sure that you haven't muted the audio when you get a call. Since that's a single sound cart handling all that work, sometimes the sound card is needed by some programs exclusively. Then other programs won't be able to use it.

Nuwan Fernando

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Make sure that you haven't muted the audio when you get a call. Since that's a single sound cart handling all that work, sometimes the sound card is needed by some programs exclusively. Then other programs won't be able to use it.

Solution

josh72790

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Is skype or teamspeak really that demanding to the point that it would mute other sound? I have a friend who does the same thing and has no problems so I figured it has to be some weird setting I can't find.

TRENDING THREADS