i have a new laptop acer aspire e5-573. (with latest bios version)
I want to install Linux mint on it. (ubuntu works with legacy mode)
This is what I did:
1. Make a USB stick with rufus; gpt UEFI
2. select in bios UEFI; Disable in bios secure boot
3. Install mint (erase the disk and install mint)
4. mint wants a restart of the maschine
and the problem: the laptop says: no bootable device found
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work load your laptop in BIOS then reset it to default by pressing F9.
- Next is to check if your HDD is listed and make it as the first boot device then see if it will boot up.
- If it does work you'll need to reinstall Linux.