Robert Fraley

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I have Directv home satellite tv and notice the video and audio are not in sync. I have read some information about HDMI cables and indications that they have something to do with mismatch. I have read that some cable are better at controlling the sync. I have read that there are other devices in order to control it also.
My question here is about the cables.
Are HDMI cables capable of delivering synchronized signals from the audio and video?
Does the HDMI cause an issue and will a high quality cable deliver it properly?
I will be shopping for better cables if this is the issue I will replace the cables from my receiver to the tv.
I

Solution
It's not an issue with your cables. It's a feature which was designed to work with cinema systems.
To fix it on you tv, go into your tv audio settings. You should have a setting which adjust the audio sync (on My LG tv it's called AV Sync). From here in it's a bit hit and miss and you may need to adjust it again later.

pauls3743

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
It's not an issue with your cables. It's a feature which was designed to work with cinema systems.
To fix it on you tv, go into your tv audio settings. You should have a setting which adjust the audio sync (on My LG tv it's called AV Sync). From here in it's a bit hit and miss and you may need to adjust it again later.

Solution