local channels no longer available

LFD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Re: Public television stations......I don't have cable.
My HDTV is about a year old, not a smart one. I was getting a local channel and another station that I liked. (At that time I purchased an indoor antenna that seemed to work ok.) Was content to watch those, then all of a sudden they were gone and one channel was replaced with another awful station. The other local station I had been getting, seems was broadcasting from the other end of the state even though I live in the next town to where the broad cast is done.Found two other public stations I would watch and suddenly they are gone now too. Actually one of them would show the picture but not sound, (no problem with sound on any other channels) When I rescanned the stations they no longer come in. I read an out door antenna would work well but don't know what kind would be good to get and easy to install.
Thank You.

Solution
I contribute to the Solid Signal Blog and the HTGuys (Home Theater Podcasters) and can recommend talking to the support team at Solidsignal.com. They can answer any of your specific questions.
D

Deleted member 217926

TV reception is line of sight. Therefore the higher you can get an antenna the better. Also with HD you either get a channel or you don't. There is no more fuzzy but watchable picture like you could get in the analog days.

The only way you are going to know what works is to try it. Go buy an antenna and see if it works. If not you can always return it. Basically the more you spend the better the antenna should be. You can try a roof or pole mount and those should give you the best results at least over any indoor types.

I live on the other side of a small hill from my local stations and can't really get any reliable reception no matter what antennas I use. If you can't get cable there is always satellite TV. I have had Directv over 10 years and in my opinion it has the best channel lineup of any provider I have ever seen anywhere in the country.

Bill Van

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I contribute to the Solid Signal Blog and the HTGuys (Home Theater Podcasters) and can recommend talking to the support team at Solidsignal.com. They can answer any of your specific questions.

Solution

LFD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and energy to respond to my post. I will try an outdoor antenna next. Good to know about Directv too. Have a nice evening.

LFD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

TRENDING THREADS