Question Locked out of FB--and I have only a desktop and landline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2022
Hi... I have been locked out of my FB account for reason "that I reach too many people" and need two factor authorisation. Well, I only have a desktop PC and a landline. I see no option for them to send me any code to my landline and I also have no trusted person I can ask to receive an SMS code etc. ..One of the options was to pick 4 of my recent comments, which i did---yet nothing happened--and now I cannot use that option as it says I have exceeded hourly limit...... that was 5 hrs ago! Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this?

Feb 25, 2022
What other option is there on that FB page?
only FB can help with your FB issue.
None. FB cannot help as there is NO WAY to contact them---and my problem is not addressed in any forum etc etc.
They assume that everyone has a mobile phone.

Have you reported your account as compromised? According to this Google Searched article, you don't need access to e-mail or cell phone.

Not sure of it's legitimacy as I've never attempted this myself.

-Wolf sends

Feb 25, 2022
Have you reported your account as compromised? According to this Google Searched article, you don't need access to e-mail or cell phone.

Not sure of it's legitimacy as I've never attempted this myself.

-Wolf sends

Hi Wolf.
I do have an email and I did change my password effectively.
My FB account is not compromised, it was just blocked because I was reaching too many people and FB said they had to make sure I am who I said I am etc.

Feb 25, 2022
I was my belief that the author of the article meant that you did not need to have a "compromised account" in order to use that functionality.

-Wolf sends
I did try the link that was sent and it came back to what I used already.
The only way that I can get back is to use the "select 4 comments you have used recently" option that worked once before----but it is now grayed out with " "you have exceeded hourly limit". That was yesterday---and it is still greyed out.

Feb 25, 2022
I also think you need to contact Facebook!

It's ok now----After my original post in Feb, I was able to get back using a friends mobile number, to which FB sent a text code.

The same thing happened a few days ago---and I was able to get back the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.