Homerfan2323

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
When I log onto windows all I get is a white screen. If I ctrl alt del and log out and log back end my pc works again. I have looked into this and maybe this is the Trojan virus? Not sure why this would happen I never download or open mysterious emails. I have tried:
Running my antivirus
Running Malewarebytes
Running HitmanPro
Avg Virus Remover
Nothing has worked yet
And restoring my computer to months before this has started (been going on for about 2 days) But it has still leached onto my system restores.

Solution
OK. Do the following:

1) Boot into Safe Mode with Networking.
2) Uninstall all Nvidia items.
3) Restart your computer, and go back into Safe Mode with Networking
4) Download CCleaner
5) Install and run CCleaner. On the left side, there is a registry button, then analyze, and then fix any issues found.
6) Restart your computer, and go back into Safe Mode with Networking
7) Download the latest Nvidia Drivers.
8) Install the new drivers.
9) Reboot and let the system go to the desktop like you normally would.

Did it get there?

Homerfan2323

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

I have logged onto safe mode and ran HitmanPro again. But it still didn't find anything. Safe mode works as expected though.

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
OK. Do the following:

1) Boot into Safe Mode with Networking.
2) Uninstall all Nvidia items.
3) Restart your computer, and go back into Safe Mode with Networking
4) Download CCleaner
5) Install and run CCleaner. On the left side, there is a registry button, then analyze, and then fix any issues found.
6) Restart your computer, and go back into Safe Mode with Networking
7) Download the latest Nvidia Drivers.
8) Install the new drivers.
9) Reboot and let the system go to the desktop like you normally would.

Did it get there?

Solution

Homerfan2323

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

I will try this when i get back from an errand in an hour or 2 check back here then for a response and thank you for the help!

Homerfan2323

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

YES IT WORKED thank you so much. How did you come about this solution? was it my video card or an actual virus. Either way much thanks! Have good one.

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
When you said that things were working in Safe Mode, that told me it was most likely your installed video drivers, because in Safe Mode, windows is using drivers Microsoft put on the drive when Windows was installed. That is how it can be called Safe Mode. It uses drivers whose state is always known.

And I know how to clean old drivers out and clean up the mess they leave behind, and once that is done, installing the latest and greatest drivers should be a cakewalk.

Homerfan2323

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

Ok, thank you once again