Logitech G130 microphone not working

bolt853

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Hi! So recently my microphone on my Plantronic RIG connection stopped working properly (Kept only working on one speaker) so I bought a Logitech G130 and when I tried to use my microphone, nothing came through. I looked at the sound settings and my computer doesn't even recognize its there. Yes it is connected properly and not muted. For whatever reason it does work on my families laptop, but not on my Desktop PC. Can anyone figure this out? Thanks! My specs are in the bottom right corner.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... 1) if you go control panel-sound-recording that will be your Windows device/microphone setting/testing.
2) if you go to control panel-Realtek this will show what and where, that is plugged into your sound card/MB and you can re-task/change the connector inputs... right click on the pic/icons. *
3) click your Volume Mixer, bottom right task bar, this will mute and set volume for your APP.

* if you don't have Realtek, find what APP/hardware you are using for your sound card/MB.

bolt853

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

I'm really confused of what you said. It just says "Microphone not plugged in and don't have a sound card AT ALL. I just use my motherboard for sound. I don't have Realtek, I have something called "VIA HD Audio".

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Yes find the VIA HD audio app in the control panel for the MB/case connector settings and tests.

There are 3 APP areas to check for connection and sound settings/problems... check to make sure you are plugged into the right connector too. B )

Does your sound work with speakers and/or other headphones?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... in the control panel it won't open? hmmm
has this worked recently?
When did you notice a problem?
Check the other areas I suggested
4) also check Control Panel-sound and make sure it is set for your "VIA HD audio " speakers out.
5) Try DLing the VIA HD audio APP that came with your Computer/MB, and re-loading it.

bolt853

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

The problem started after I installed Windows 10.
Don't know what you mean by speakers out.

bolt853

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

Apparently I have a Realtek ALC887 codec. Should I uninstall VIA HD audio and switch to Realtek?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... YES... http://www.realtek.com.tw/ here you can DL from Realtek. There are different versions APP "skins" from different MB/computer companies, you can DL, but basically they all should work to drive your Realtek alc887 chip.

bolt853

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

I updated my VIA HD audio drivers and it worked! Sorry for causing all this trouble. I can't believe all that was needed was to simply press UPDATE... Sigh :pfff: Well, thanks anyway for your help.