Logitech G230 cant hear voices?

hamm

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
I've got a bit of a problem

One day i tried using my headphones, and suddenly I couldn't hear any voices? It could pick up music and other stuff, but the music was still slightly worse than from what it was previously from. Sometimes the voices are extremely feint.
The G230 has a little headset controller, and I fiddle with that one day, and it fixed the problem, for like 1 second, before once I moved the wire again it cut out.
Should I try opening up that headphone controller? Or should I just completely cut it out of the circuit? Since I never particularly used it?

Thanks,

Solution
If you have nothing to lose and you are certain, go for it.

But you will need to re-attach the three wires inside (4 if it uses a two core cable)
Note that headphone cables are notoriously difficult to solder due to the laminated conductors.

beegmouse

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
I have found that when the earth connection is not connected properly on headphones you lose a lot of the Treble but not the bass.

Compare what you are hearing with another set of headphones and device and pull the plug out very slowly and listen.

The earth disconnects first and it should replicate the affect.

If it does, it implies your headphone socket is damages and no-longer contacts the headphone jack.
Alternatively you headphone cable is broken.

hamm

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014

Yep I have tried that, I have come to the conclusion that its the headphone controller, so I was wondering if I should cut it out?

beegmouse

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
If you have nothing to lose and you are certain, go for it.

But you will need to re-attach the three wires inside (4 if it uses a two core cable)
Note that headphone cables are notoriously difficult to solder due to the laminated conductors.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS