Logitech G430 mic doesn't work without USB dongle

profitable

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
***ANY HELP OR ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :)***

Yesterday my brand new Logitech G430 arrived in the mail, I set it up, installed the new Windows 10 Drivers and adjusted some of the advanced equalizer settings.

>It sounds alright, however when I don't use the USB splitter to connect the mic/headphone plugs the microphone does NOT WORK.

> I would just use the USB dongle connector, but the sound quality is DRASTICALLY reduced when connecting through USB, not to mention its very quiet. Any solutions to this? I don't want to return it yet.

Additional information:
>When both connected directly into my computer skype recognizes them, but will not use them
>I am using an Alienware x13 r2 (can provide additional details if needed)
>Windows recording devices does not recognize the g430 microphone when directly connected to laptop

Solution
Part of the matter may be the physical connections being used with respect to the 1/8" (3.5mm) plugs.

Google "TR, TRS, TRRS" which stand for Tip, Ring, and Sleeve.

The USB splitter that was provided may have some proprietary wiring with respect to the connections. So without the dongle the connections do not match the normal microphone and speaker ports on your laptop.

Try the headphones and dongle on another computer. See if the symptoms follow the headphones or the dongle.

Cannot yet rule out a physical defect with the headphones or the dongle.
Part of the matter may be the physical connections being used with respect to the 1/8" (3.5mm) plugs.

Google "TR, TRS, TRRS" which stand for Tip, Ring, and Sleeve.

The USB splitter that was provided may have some proprietary wiring with respect to the connections. So without the dongle the connections do not match the normal microphone and speaker ports on your laptop.

Try the headphones and dongle on another computer. See if the symptoms follow the headphones or the dongle.

Cannot yet rule out a physical defect with the headphones or the dongle.

Solution

profitable

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out and update this thread if I find anything of use!