Logitech g430 or Xyperx cloud 2?

Lpuo988

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
Both have virtual surround 7.1, but hyperx cloud 2 seems to have a slightly better sound, and logitech g430 have a good software and the surround works better than the other (at least this is what I understood from all the reviews I found). Which one do yoy suggest to buy? Would you suggest other gaming headsets? (For the same price more or less)

tijsje69

Estimable
May 12, 2015
I've got a hyperx cloud 2 and it's very good. I never use the surround sound for playing games and music because it just <edited: please watch the language> up the sound. Movies I never watch on pc!

its the whole way virtual surround sound works: it distorts audio to make it seem like it is coming from a certain direction and distance. given a two speaker scenario its the only way to imitate a 5.1/7.1. using headphones in pure 2.0 stereo mode generally results in cleaner sound output although some people feel like virtual gives them an advantage in games. pick your poison, it depends on your preferences really.

i know at release the hxc2 had issues with its onboard soundcard when used in 7.1 mode which could also be what was being mentioned. as far as i know that issue was fixed.