Logitech USB headset no sound on left ear

ohyeahbro27

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
I have been using this headset for about 2 years now. Now, the left ear has no sound. I thought this could be a hardware problem since I have all my drivers up to date and bunch of configurations I had found online. Can anyone teach me how to fix this one? I am quite unfamiliar with USB headsets and I still don't have the budget for repairing it to an expert nor for a new headset. Any advice is highly appreciated!

Solution
While I can't tell for certain, great majority of the time when headset stops working on one side, it's because of loss of contact somewhere along the wire. Maybe it got stretched/extended, or kinked or who knows what. Unless you've got either warranty or one of the fancy modular headsets where wire can be replaced cause it plugs into both the usb end and into the headset, there isn't really a cure to this other than getting a new headset. You can fiddle with the wire a while, trying to find the right orientation that will have both sides working but after a while, you'll get fed up and get a new one.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
While I can't tell for certain, great majority of the time when headset stops working on one side, it's because of loss of contact somewhere along the wire. Maybe it got stretched/extended, or kinked or who knows what. Unless you've got either warranty or one of the fancy modular headsets where wire can be replaced cause it plugs into both the usb end and into the headset, there isn't really a cure to this other than getting a new headset. You can fiddle with the wire a while, trying to find the right orientation that will have both sides working but after a while, you'll get fed up and get a new one.

Solution

StevenZervos

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

I agree, it has happened to me a couple of times. First time it was with a USB jack that got bent and I was told to throw them away since they weren't worth repairing or something like that. Second time it was when the cable got pulled from the 3.5mm jack and it wasn't making full contact. I got it repair and I got 1 more year out of that headset. My suggestion is to get a new headset if your current one isn't too expensive. Also you don't know where the problem is. It might be the jack plug or the cable or who knows.