Logitech X530 makes popping noise when in 5.1 mode.

glockshna

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
As the topic title says, when I put my Logitech x530 speakers in 5.1 surround mode they make a loud popping noise. It's getting irritating that I can't use these to their full potential.

A little more info:

When I run these speakers in Stereo mode they work perfectly. Sound quality is amazing, but, I don't get sound out of the surround speakers. Just the front 3 spread evenly.
If I set the configuration to 5.1 mode in my audio settings (This is on my computer obviously) they work for about 30 seconds and it's amazing. But then all sound cuts out and they make constant popping sounds until I restart my computer. Not sure what the issue is, I'm inclined to think it's my sound card or driver. I'm using an EVGA x58 SLI 3 motherboard and the sound card that came with it. I don't think it's the speakers because when I set them to 5.1 surround and run the speaker test (Clicking the speakers respectively to test them) it works fine. But the minute I try and watch a movie, play a game, or do ANYTHING that makes use of the 5.1 surround sound they cut out after 30 seconds of audio, almost dead on the 30 second mark.

System:

EVGA x58 SLI-3 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.06GHZ
XFX HD Radeon 6850
12 GB G.Skill Rip Jaws memory DDR3 1600

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

knightslayer

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
I had the exact same problem with movies I downloaded. I found when I downloaded a higher quality movie, that it would go away entirely. Kinda wondering if there's software out there that might clean up the bad sound.

glockshna

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Quality of sound isn't an issue. The issue is more in depth than that. The speakers actually stop receiving sound completely when this starts and I must restart my computer to fix it. I think it's an issue with my sound drivers. Well, was. Not happening anymore.