akensai

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hello all,

I figured I would give this a try as who else would be better to ask?

Anyways, I am looking for a good portable solution to work from, as is I have a few key things needed:
1) Full keyboard
2) Embedded WWAN/Mobile Broadband (Verizon Preferred or anything I can modify to work)
3) Portability and speed
4) Small enough to carry while jogging/etc
5) No more than $600

With this in mind I was looking for either a convertible touchscreen laptop such as a dell latitude or lenovo yoga. After realizing It's near impossible to find any convertible laptops with WWAN embedded I figured a Windows tablet could work with a dock-able keyboard. However, I am not very keen on the mobile/laptop/etc markets, I am more of a desktop guru.

As is I am using a rather old Samsung netbook (np-n150) running Windows 7, it works fine for most things but it's rather hard to manage servers on the move with how slow it is. Before asking, I have tried Debian, Ubuntu, Windows XP, etc on it hoping to lesson the OS load, same thing. So the hope is to replace this with something that doesn't take 2-3 minutes to simply load Chrome or a terminal.

I will not consider any tablet running Windows RT for obvious reasons, with that in mind I would also prefer Windows over Apple/Android as neither are very handy to me at least for the work I do.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance!