Looking for a excellent sound and mic quality headset for PC gaming

cerealtoys

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I was planning on buying the Astro Gaming A50's but I was concern about the battery life, wireless headset's batteries will eventually give off and I also read reviews online and I was not pleased to hear that there is a lot of issues with the A50's as well as the A40's and Astro Gaming's customer service. I have some other headsets I was also looking into like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 but unfortunately it did not have a microphone and the Razer Tiamat 7.1. Can anyone recommend me a headset with terrific sound quality as well as microphone quality? My set budget is $250 and I will be mainly using these them on the PC for listening to music, playing games like fps, mmo-rpgs, and for watching movies. Thanks for reading, hope to hear from a lot of people!

cerealtoys

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Wow thank you so much for the Audio-Technica link!! I just saved like $50. But I do have a question about the sound card. Have you yourself used it and if so what are your thoughts about it?

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I don't have any personal experience with the sound card. I've got an external DAC/amp on its way for my headphones (massdrop again).

The reviews are good on it though, and it comes with a decent mic. Read some reviews and see if it will work for you. There's also the Xonar cards to consider.