Looking for a gaming laptop with a budget of around $1700?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

A_ST0RMTROOP3R

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Looking for a gaming laptop with a budget of around $1700. I have been looking at XoticPC.com and the MSI GT70 Dominator. Any suggestions? I would really like a SSD also.

Solution
if it has the 880 then i would go with it for max graphics so long as it doesnt skimp on the other specs like ram speeds or i7 specs. most of the custom build lapops like i buypower and cyber power use msi boards anyway. mine has one and ive never had a problem with it

Bad_Kitty13

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
the fangbook i have doesnt have any of msi throttling bloatware that i know of and i cant speak for msi just their desktop motherboards. the laptop mobo are good i love mine but it isnt like how matt described with throttling issues do to software in my fangbook. the msi laptops might have shipped with the software on it but just because fangbooks use the mother boards doesnt mean they have all the bloatware that the manufactured msi laptops come with(at least in my experience).

the link to the laptop i was describing above from cyberpower is here
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/FANGBOOK_Evo_HX7-100_Gaming_Notebook

you just have to configurate it.