Looking for a good speaker set

eyanosa

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
I plan on purchasing this receiver;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-725w-5-2-ch-full-hd-and-3d-pass-through-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/4418007.p?skuId=4418007&productCategoryId=pcmcat342900050003

and I have a few questions I hope the community can help me with.

Firstly, from what I can see, it appears to be a decent, low cost receiver. I am wondering what you all think about this model.

Lastly, I am looking for a good set of speakers that will work nicely with that receiver. I do have a few requirements. All rear speakers must be tower and I prefer if they were also wireless. The fronts can't be tower as there would be no room for them (weird room set-up). My last requirement is cost. The whole set cannot cost more then 300 in total.

Anyways, look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!

eyanosa

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
Sorry it's taken me a bit to respond to this thread. Was hard to keep up in the middle of a move. Anyways, I will respond to each post below.

Those are indeed nice, but the front/center speakers are a little bigger then I was hoping for (size wise). Other than that, the set does match most of my needs and a sub is easy enough to add to the set. Thanks.

Hmm, problem with this one is rear speakers are not tower based and I don't like the idea of just buying some stick to attach them to. This is the reason I completely ignored this type of speaker package and sought help. Seems like it is either all tower or all tiny speakers when it comes to HTBs. As far as the receivers goes, comparing the two, I would have to say the Sony is better, spec wise. For one, the amount of wattage on the Sony is almost twice the Onkyo. Plus, the Sony supports a lot more surround sound modes. However, with that said, I do appreciate you attempting to assist me in finding something.