Looking for a new gaming Headset (Wireless Preferred)

Logical_Lynx

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
Hello, I'm looking for to buy a new headset for PC Gaming, I had the Corsair 2100 Vengeance before, And really enjoyed those but eventually they ended up having some internal problems. I've had Hyper X Cloud 2's for the past couple months, And I'm just now realizing, How much more I like Wireless headsets.

I'm able to spend up to $300 CAD on a new headset, I'd like it to be Wireless, with good sound quality, and have a good mic. If possible, It'd be nice if they were available in black.

Thank you! :)

Logical_Lynx

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
How do you think those compare to the Astro A50's? I've heard that those were fairly good aswell, Is there any reason to get one over the other or are they both fairly equal do you think?

Thank you for taking the time to help :)

zmajcocrew

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
Astro A50 and the Steelseries H Wireless are the two top wireless headsets.

Features: The Steelseries has better features. The transmitter is super slick. It charges one of the two batteries, with the second battery in the headset, so you don't have to worry about your battery dying during a long session. There are a lot more options and profiles with the Steelseries transmitter. However, I keep the transmitter of of site in my cabinet, so in a way the Astros are a little nicer in that I can adjust the chat/game balance from the headset without worrying about doing something weird. You can control the functions from the Steelseries headset, but if you get off in a weird menu you might need to look at the transmitter.

Sound: I also think the Steelseries sounds better. The Astros have a bit more bass, but things sound muddy to me. The Astros only have 3 EQ settings, and the one which has the least bass is the one I'm using. The Steelseries sound great out of the box on the "balanced" setting. Also, I seemed to lose things like the interface sound effects on the Astros. The Steelseries is clear.

But whatever your choice would be, those are really good headsets so you are good to go!

Jeff Kaos

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
The best headset I ever owned was the Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset by Turtle Beach; and it's under $40 on Amazon right now. I know you're looking for wireless but this set has a 16 ft. cord so you have room. I know Turtle Beach also has a wireless option but I've only ever used the wired type. The pros for this headset is that it has good sound quality, is plug and play USB that also works on an Xbox with no problems and above all else it's the most comfortable headset I've ever worn. I owned 2 of these because my kids broke the first set I had when they were still babies but my second set has been going strong for well over 2 years and I don't see it needing to be replaced anytime soon.