Looking for a tablet/laptop for daily Office Word, PPT, and Research.

Joseph_13

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
I've noticed MS Surface 3 is pretty good but the price is higher especially the keyboard cost $160 + tax! So I am thinking about getting an alternative one, there are few come to my mind, Transformer T100/T200, HP 11.6'' touchscreen laptop. But the sales told me that T100 only has 2gb ram, and it would make me crazy. But what I want is just MS office, chrome researching most of the time, nothing else, maybe sometimes watching videos.

So my question is will 2gb ram enough for me or it would getting slow after couple months. I am expecting to use it for at least one year. Thanks

Solution
Dell will be releasing a new 10" Dell Venue 10 Pro next month. It will have 4GB of RAM and a 1920x1200 resolution screen for $429. They optional backlit keyboard is sold separately for an undisclosed price. It is not exactly inexpensive, but the 4GB version of the Surface 3 is $600 and still cheaper than the 2GB version.

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/dell-venue8pro-venue10pro,1-2904.html

For light usage 2GB of RAM is sufficient for most people. Tablets generally only have 2GB or 1GB of RAM. The Surface 3 was the 1st "inexpensive" tablet to offer 4GB of RAM. The upcoming Dell Venue 10 Pro would be the 2nd to the best of my knowledge.
Dell will be releasing a new 10" Dell Venue 10 Pro next month. It will have 4GB of RAM and a 1920x1200 resolution screen for $429. They optional backlit keyboard is sold separately for an undisclosed price. It is not exactly inexpensive, but the 4GB version of the Surface 3 is $600 and still cheaper than the 2GB version.

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/dell-venue8pro-venue10pro,1-2904.html

For light usage 2GB of RAM is sufficient for most people. Tablets generally only have 2GB or 1GB of RAM. The Surface 3 was the 1st "inexpensive" tablet to offer 4GB of RAM. The upcoming Dell Venue 10 Pro would be the 2nd to the best of my knowledge.

Solution

Joseph_13

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Thanks for the apply, I need to get on track asap, so I've picked HP Pavilion x360, I hope it will work fine.