Looking for an alternative two CDs USB stick or Bluetooth for audio

TarsonisX

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Hello everybody. My mother really enjoys listening to audiobooks and such while she relaxes. She uses a regular boombox style cd player. I recently discovered a place where I can get my hands on some old time radio broadcasts that I know she'd enjoy listening to, the only problem is I would end up using many many recordable CDs to get them all for her.

The ideal solution since my mother is a technophobe and would not want to deal with Bluetooth, USB sticks, Etc would be to have a player that could play audio files burned to a DVD vastly increasing the available space on each disc.

However, if such a thing exists in a Boombox style player I have yet to find it. So, short of buying an entire spindle of recordable CDs and going that route, can anyone offer me a suggestion of a unit that could play DVDs with audio files burned on them?

Solution
Unfortunately, technophobe or not... the only solution I can think of to achieve what you want is going to involve some aspect of "new" technology.

AFAIK, very few CD players can read DVD media - I had a car stereo that could, although I believe that was just due to the fact it used the same hardware etc as another model in the lineup that supported video playback.

A "boombox" style player that can play audio from DVDs doesn't appear to exist, from what I can find.

I would suggest either:
1. Burn to a DVD and play in a DVD player. Would require headphones into the TV though.
2. Introduce her to an MP3 player or iPod. It would achieve the goal much easier - and also allow more storage of audiobooks etc vs a CD...
Unfortunately, technophobe or not... the only solution I can think of to achieve what you want is going to involve some aspect of "new" technology.

AFAIK, very few CD players can read DVD media - I had a car stereo that could, although I believe that was just due to the fact it used the same hardware etc as another model in the lineup that supported video playback.

A "boombox" style player that can play audio from DVDs doesn't appear to exist, from what I can find.

I would suggest either:
1. Burn to a DVD and play in a DVD player. Would require headphones into the TV though.
2. Introduce her to an MP3 player or iPod. It would achieve the goal much easier - and also allow more storage of audiobooks etc vs a CD. Appreciating this is likely going to be a steep learning curve, but it's the easiest solution I can think of.

Otherwise, stick to burning CDs.

Solution