Looking for a simple MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus7799

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018
I am looking for a simple MP3 player (or speaker with SD/Micro SD slot) with big buttons for my mother. It should have these requirements:
1. Built in speaker, can be 2-5W.
2. Should play tracks from SD card. The track should start from the same location the player was paused or turned off or disconnected from charger.
3. Should be able to charge while playing MP3 track.
4. Connecting or disconnecting from charger should not automatically start or stop playing the song.
This should be simple to find but I have bought so far 3 speakers and each one of them was lacking in some features. One would automatically start playing MP3 track when connected to charger. The other wont play song from SD card while connected to MP3 charger. It would atomically switch to Bluetooth audio when connected to charger.
I am only asking for a simple MP3 player, the less functions the better. Please help me find. Thank you

Solution
D
There aren't many pure MP3 players left on the market. The SanDisk Clip is about the only thing I can think of that might come close to your requirements. Fiio has the ~$50 M3 ( I have one ) but it's tiny and aimed more at being portable and having high quality sound than being user friendly ( it's not ).

You can move to the higher end lossless players from Fiio and Astell and Kern but you're looking potentially hundreds of dollars and devices aimed at audiophiles. Maybe an iPod touch but you're still looking at $$$.

Edit: ^ Ignore all that. None of those have built in speakers. Pretty much any smartphone should do most of that.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nexus7799 : "Looking for a MP3 player"

Who told you that?

What you are asking are common-sense, ease for human use features. Real devices don't to that! When they build these gadgets all they care is, have function#1, have function#2, throw them together, and low cost. Nobody ever (except for Steve Jobs, rest his soul) ask, how will a human interact with this device?

D

Deleted member 217926

There aren't many pure MP3 players left on the market. The SanDisk Clip is about the only thing I can think of that might come close to your requirements. Fiio has the ~$50 M3 ( I have one ) but it's tiny and aimed more at being portable and having high quality sound than being user friendly ( it's not ).

You can move to the higher end lossless players from Fiio and Astell and Kern but you're looking potentially hundreds of dollars and devices aimed at audiophiles. Maybe an iPod touch but you're still looking at $$$.

Edit: ^ Ignore all that. None of those have built in speakers. Pretty much any smartphone should do most of that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.