Looking for budget headphones under 80 dollars

FreeFourAll

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I am looking to step in to nicer headphones. I have a pair of Beats Solos that are rather muddy sounding and a gaming headset that sounds tinny. I was looking at the Grado SR-60i, Koss ProDJ 100, Audio Technica ATH-M30, or Sony MDR V6. Are any of these of decent sound quality? I like to game for a long while and listen to mixed music genres. Also, would it be worth getting a sound card, I have mixed feelings about them.

Solution
what about the ath-m50? definitely a much better upgrade than the m30.

ebay auction 4 days left $41 currently
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headband-Headphones-Black-/111250140633?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item19e7066dd9

and a few more there as well... you might be able to get a pair for $80 or perhaps a bit over new.

the cheapest buy it now price is $97 though thats still a good deal (with free shipping too) and its a major step up from the m30 and well worth the extra cash.

i personally own the m50s and i got my brother the m30s for xmas... and while not a bad set of headphones the m50 is quite a bit better and for $17 more than your budget (or less if you get it on auction for cheap) its well worth it...
what about the ath-m50? definitely a much better upgrade than the m30.

ebay auction 4 days left $41 currently
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headband-Headphones-Black-/111250140633?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item19e7066dd9

and a few more there as well... you might be able to get a pair for $80 or perhaps a bit over new.

the cheapest buy it now price is $97 though thats still a good deal (with free shipping too) and its a major step up from the m30 and well worth the extra cash.

i personally own the m50s and i got my brother the m30s for xmas... and while not a bad set of headphones the m50 is quite a bit better and for $17 more than your budget (or less if you get it on auction for cheap) its well worth it.

of course just my opinion and suggestion.

Solution