looking for good speakers for pc gaming, music and movies.

ievi

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
my current surround system LG HT554 died on me today and the warranty has expired. right now i'm using my monitor built in speakers which are terrible.

what are good sound system or speakers for pc gaming, movies and music.

your help would be much appreciated

Tommy Shiels

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
I couldn't pin-point exact models of speakers to go for however I believe the best brands in the business are AKG, Shure, Bose, Yamaha and many others. (stay away from Brands that are unknown to the market).

Firstly look at the Frequency Range. At minimum you 20 Hz - 20 kHz. Anything wider than this is a bonus.

What is the speaker made of? tend to stay away from Aluminium. Its cheap and doesn't give the best sound. Look for Beryllium or diamond or titanium. These are some of the best materials made for speaker diaphragms.

What cabling can you utilize? The optical cables are the best option however the are unbalanced connections and the longer the distance/wire the more interference you may get.

If you're looking at Studio Monitors then check to see if they're 'Active' and not 'Passive'. 'Active' and in-built amps that effectively separate out the frequency's to the right speakers giving the best clarity.

sizzling

Distinguished
I love my Bose Companion 5's. Astonishing sound for such small units and I'm a really fussy git with audio. I was lucky and managed to pick them up at 1/2 price from a Bose outlet and at that price I haven't heard anything else that comes close.

TRENDING THREADS