OrangeSda

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Hey guys, I googled this a bit and cannot find a clearcut answer to what I am looking for. I am looking for an attachment to the PC (hopefully on PCI-e) to support HDMI Passthrough. I am looking to set up an HTPC that can connect to the Cable box and play live video feed (similar to the Xbox One) with little to no lag. I did look a bit for a Cable Card adapter but most I found were out of stock or outdated.

Any info on either of these would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
The output of your cable box has HDCP (high definition copy protection) so you cannot connect it to any device that is not HDCP compatible. There are no video cards that are HDCP so you can't connect the box to your PC with HDMI. If your monitor has an HDMI input that is HDCP then you can connect the box directly to it for viewing.
The output of your cable box has HDCP (high definition copy protection) so you cannot connect it to any device that is not HDCP compatible. There are no video cards that are HDCP so you can't connect the box to your PC with HDMI. If your monitor has an HDMI input that is HDCP then you can connect the box directly to it for viewing.

Solution

OrangeSda

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

Do you know of any Cable Card PCI-e adapters?