Looking for high-powered convertible laptop

amundy14

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I'm preparing for college right now, and I'm trying to work through their very strict laptop requirements. Their minimum reqs are as follows:

-CPU: 4th-gen i5 or i7 M or U (not Y)
-RAM: 8GB
-Storage: 256 SSD or Hybrid
-WLAN: a/g/n dual band
-LAN: Gigabit ethernet port
-Warranty: 3 years onsite with accidental damage coverage

Normally, that's not too hard to get, but here's the problem:

-Display: Convertible, with integrated Wacom or N-trig Active Stylus (not capacitive)

They want a convertible laptop (easy to get) with an active pen (much harder). I was originally planning on getting the Lenovo X230, but suddenly Lenovo seems to have stopped making them, and the old ones on Amazon all seem to have 3rd-gen processors.

I know the Yoga also meets the reqs, but I'm not a big fan of the hinge style. If anyone knows of a laptop that meets the above reqs and has a hinge similar to the X230, please do let me know.

EDIT: The examples given by my college are the Lenovo Yoga, the Surface Pro, and the Fujitsu LIFEBOOK.

Solution
well then you're stuck on those 3. there's literally nothing else. Not as far as normal consumer grade stuff anyway. There might be more professional pieces, but they're harder to find and far more expensive.

Recycled

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Fujitsu LifeBook T900

My LifeBook T5010 meets spec, except for
(1) processor: Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 6MB cache
(2) warranty: I have a hot spare sitting next to my bed, and I back up monthly

jesus christ what college is that. Do these people even know technology? Because that stuff is hard to get.
Honestly I genuinely think you're stuck with the surface pro 3. You can get an I5 4th gen for $1300 and I7 for $250 more.
it comes with a pen, not sure if its capacitated.
I would genuinely ask for examples of machines. Because all convertibles I've seen are 3rd gen apart from this one.

amundy14

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Virginia Tech actually. They're trying to go paperless, and from what I can tell, succeeding fairly well.

The examples they gave were the Lenovo Yoga, the Surface Pro, and the Fujitsu Lifebook. I'm trying to see if there's anything else on the market besides those three options.