looking for recently obsoleted business class notebook model that will be cheap on ebay

kennj123

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014
I'm looking for a notebook to buy used on ebay, . I have a dell D630 that I like but its getting pretty dated. The dell e6400 is nice, the back removes easily for changing parts, it usually has 4 gb of ram, but I would like to put 8 in but its expensive. plus cpu performance is good but nothing to write home about. I would like to upgrade to an i5 system. I like HP EliteBook 8460p, memory is cheap, but the hard drive is kind of buried in the system, plus I don't see a lot of them on sale on ebay. I would like something that is really popular with business right now so they will be going for 100-200 on ebay over the next year or so when business upgrade. the dell d630 is going for about $75 now and the e6400 about 125, and without a hard drive its about $60-$75 which is an awesome price. I like the business model notebooks because I think they are more rugged and higher quality. Also, I would like the upgrade wifi to ac, which makes the Dell a better choice than the HP (HP bios doesn't like 3rd party wifi devices). I'd like also to have a model that has a 2nd hard drive bay available for a 2nd sata ssd drive. Probably I do some Ebay searches in notebooks on i5 machines with 8gb ram and see whats the most numerous and cheapest.

Solution
Monitor the lenovo outlet, they even have current brand new models on there that for some reason are priced 100-150 cheaper because they're in the outlet section. "New" from the outlet means overstock or an unopened return, like a refused delivery.

xxsjxx1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Monitor the lenovo outlet, they even have current brand new models on there that for some reason are priced 100-150 cheaper because they're in the outlet section. "New" from the outlet means overstock or an unopened return, like a refused delivery.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS