Looking for some help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_39

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Hey guys. So been trying all day and for the life of me can not figure it out.
I have a everything wired up to amp. I have hdmi going from amp to the tv. And then another hdmi going from my movie box to tv also. But its not working. I assume i need to run a spdif 3.5mm jack from movie box to amp with amp end being optical or somthing. But i dont have any spots i can see to put it. Im lost guys any help will do.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
You state that you have everything hooked up to your amp, do you have an HDMI cable connecting the "movie box" (I can't even guess what that is because I have never heard of a movie box") to the amp?

Is your movie box a multi media server? I have an Oppo movie box that serves everything. Or is your movie box a simple DVD player?

Lee_39

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Sorry mate its called a mxq box. And yes 2nd and third picture are amp and last is the mxq box. The box is like a android tablet and just have the kodi app installed which i use. My hdmi from the amp cant go to the mxq box because it only has one spot, and thats already taken as there is a hdmi going from the mxq box to my tv so i can have video and audio.

Also in pic 4 the input if i plug 3.5mm male to 3.5mm to front of amp i get all speakers to work. Which for the mean time is liveable with. But that plays audio out equally at all times and i dont think subwoofer is working.

And thank you rocky for spending time and helping me out. Much appreciated.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
Lee, your components really interested me so I enjoyed studying them to at least try to help. I am really sorry but from all of the pictures that you have posted it does not seem as if you can connect your mxq box to your stereo any other way than the way that you already do.

I hope that you can figure something else out because it would be fun to watch your movies in surround sound.

Lee_39

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Thanks mate! Thats fine. One last question. Do you think a hdmi splitter from amp to mxq box would work. Or if i go 3.5mm from mxq box where it says spdif and the other end is optical in and then i order a 3.5mm to optical out extension. But then im not sure where that would connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.