Looking for the best mirrorless camera for semi professional video. (For traveling HD videos/$300-350)

x-crafts

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
Hi, I travel a lot and I always make videos of my trips that I upload to youtube. I really enjoy making movies I am frustrated by the bad quality of my camera and I would like to update it.

What is need is this:
- The camera should not be too big and heavy (thats why I dont want a DSLR), keep in mind that
- I want to travel with it all around the world.
- Best recording quality possible for the money, that is the resolution and colors (Video is more important then pictures, but I'm not looking for a camcorder!)
- Good autofocus and possibly manual focus

I have googled it a lot and I found that the Canon EOS M which is not produced anymore but is still available on the internet is a pretty good option. plus with the adapter I can use any other lens with it. What do you think about it?

I have even found it on ebay for about $160 only body. That sounds amazingly cheap!

My budget is about $300-350 with the lens.

Thanks alot for any answer !

Solution
Here are two that fit in your price range include the following:
Olympus PEN E-PL6
Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless Digital Camera
Both of those are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras and come with a lens.
While both shoot full HD video the Samsung records 30p (30 frames per second progressive) video and the Olympus records 30i video (30 frames per second interlaced). The advantage in this case goes to the Samsung.
Here are two that fit in your price range include the following:
Olympus PEN E-PL6
Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless Digital Camera
Both of those are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras and come with a lens.
While both shoot full HD video the Samsung records 30p (30 frames per second progressive) video and the Olympus records 30i video (30 frames per second interlaced). The advantage in this case goes to the Samsung.

Solution

x-crafts

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015

Ok the Olympus pen sounds good. Do you have any experience with it? Could you compare it to the Canon EOS M ?

I have no experience with the Olympus. The Canon EOS-M does have a larger image sensor than the other two cameras which should give you better low-light performance. The Canon is APS-C and has a crop factor of 1.5x and the Olympus is Micro Four Thirds and a crop factor of 2.0x. For a good, simple, explanation of crop factor check out this - https://photographylife.com/what-is-crop-factor
The Canon will shoot in full HD for 22 minutes (according to the specs found here -http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_m_ef_m_22mm_stm_kit#Specifications)
The Olympus will record for 29 minutes (normal) and 22 minutes (fine) and I stand corrected as according to the Olympus page for this camera it will record Full HD at 30p

x-crafts

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
Ok thanks alot for now! I will probably do some more research and see if I can get a hand on these cameras in the shops to see and feel their difference. Thanks again