looking for upgrade cpu in laptops new generation cpus

franmm2525

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hi, everybody

My question it´s about upgrade CPU in Laptops, and send this question here because i don´t find nothing about this, in the past, always we can change CPU in laptop, this works in models with processors with 3ª intel generation i5 3210 , etc, but after these generations, all CPUS show as integrates in mother board for laptops

My question it´s about this, ..... Exist some model, or howewer some brand sell laptops that lets change CPU or no ?

Because i see all models from MSI and other brands as ASUS and all CPU it´s integrated in mother board, only some models from MSI for example lets only upgrade GPU and not more

I launch this question here for see if somebody can give me ideas about if actually it´s possible this in some brand or no

For example i find this in YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87R3DitE5wY

Thanks in advanced, regards community :)

Solution
The Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC-WB74 is the only laptop I know of at the moment with a full desktop CPU complete with socket in it. I remember the older laptops had specific sockets that they used to mount the CPUs with, but since people wanted thinner, lighter, and more efficient laptops the socket has been removed. Part of that is profile, to make the motherboards thinner and the whole system thinner, and part of that is to keep people from upgrading their laptop to get another couple years of use out of it.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
The Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC-WB74 is the only laptop I know of at the moment with a full desktop CPU complete with socket in it. I remember the older laptops had specific sockets that they used to mount the CPUs with, but since people wanted thinner, lighter, and more efficient laptops the socket has been removed. Part of that is profile, to make the motherboards thinner and the whole system thinner, and part of that is to keep people from upgrading their laptop to get another couple years of use out of it.

Solution