moudski

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
is it possible for my hp 14 notebook pc which runs core i3 with a ram 2gb to be upgraded into an 8 gb DDR3 ram with a 1866 mhz memory without any issues ?? .. .. tnx guys .. sorry for bad english

Solution
There won't be any issues if you upgrade your laptop to 8GB of RAM. Most Core i3 CPUs support up to 8GB of RAM. However, as your laptop came preinstalled with only 2GB of RAM, it may also have come preinstalled with 32-bit Windows rather than 64-bit Windows. If you have 32-bit Windows installed, you can only use up to 4GB RAM. You can check this by typing "About your PC" in Start and selecting the first option, then checking what is written next to "System type." You will need to install a 64-bit version of Windows if you want to make use of 8GB of RAM.

metalicgeek

Estimable
There won't be any issues if you upgrade your laptop to 8GB of RAM. Most Core i3 CPUs support up to 8GB of RAM. However, as your laptop came preinstalled with only 2GB of RAM, it may also have come preinstalled with 32-bit Windows rather than 64-bit Windows. If you have 32-bit Windows installed, you can only use up to 4GB RAM. You can check this by typing "About your PC" in Start and selecting the first option, then checking what is written next to "System type." You will need to install a 64-bit version of Windows if you want to make use of 8GB of RAM.

Solution