Looking to buy a Programming / Graphic Design / Video Editing / Light Gaming laptop

argamanza

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
1. What is your budget?
Prices in Israel and anywhere else are a bit different, Let's say around the price of the Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70 laptop.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Not limited, what's suites best for graphic design and watching high quality videos.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Same as before.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, but not limited by size \ weight.

5. How much battery life do you need?
The computer is not going to be used in long travels without any electricity source so it doesn't really matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I have a PC i use for gaming, but i really want to play Football Manager 2015 on the highest settings (shouldn't demand too much resources)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo / Video editing, Watching videos and Programming,
Should have good screen quality and also comfortable keyboard.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Photo and Video editing needs a lot of capacity so maximum possible.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Nope...

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For the rest of my college, ~3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD burner is a real plus.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Heard Lenovo's parts quality is the worst but i'm not the pro here, you are ;)

13. What country do you live in?
Israel

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Like i said i wan't to enjoy the maximum in that budget.
i want the computer to be light and thin, but i also want it to be fast and strong with good gfx card.
The programming part is the most important, as i'm a programmer and not a graphic designer but i want the option to do photo and video editing with that laptop.

Gaming is not important but like i mentioned the Football Manager 2015 is a game i really want
to be able to play.

About the budget i'm not really sure because i already seen laptops on various reviews sites that costs $1000 and in Israel about 16,000NIS which is about $4,500,
So my budget is $1500 but again, around the price of the Y50-70.

Thanks!

donnybend

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
This ASUS is equipped with :
Quad-Core i7 Processor
Windows 8.1
8 gb of ram
750 gb SATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT840M GPU
That's pretty much you can have if you can buy this laptop.
imagine the possibility with those spec you can do everything you want.
http://bestallinonepcreview.com/shop/asus-n56jn-mb71-15-6-laptop-computer-black-aluminum/

argamanza

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

Well i can't find this computer in israel but there's this one which is very close...
Asus N550JK