klater12

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
My toshiba satellite series laptop model no. psah0u-00q009 is running windows vista. I dont have a recovery disk for vista. But i have a recovery disk for windows 7 would i be able to upgrade from vista to 7 using the windows 7 recovery disk?

Do you have a "recovery disk" for a specific laptop? Or do you have a Windows 7 installation disk? (Slightly different).

If you have a W7 install disk, and a product key, then you could run that. If you have an OEM W7 disk, then you'll likely load up a bunch of bloatware you don't need (or that's even relevent if it's from a different laptop/brand), and chances are you wouldn't have a valid key.

klater12

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

its the windows 7 recovery disk for a toshiba satellite im not sure if i could just use the recovery straight to windows 7

I doubt that'd work unfortunately.

Even if it did, the product key for the Toshiba is OEM and likely wouldn't work for activation.

You will need a genuine W7 product key, which will either be on the COA sticker underneath the laptop (if yours came pre-loaded with Vista, the key is for Vista and won't work for W7) or you will need to purchase a retail key from Microsoft/retailer.

klater12

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

Do you think it would work if i could get the product key for the other toshiba laptop

You can't use the OEM key from one system on another computer, even if the other system is no longer in use. You would either need a new full Windows 7 copy, or get the restore disk for Vista then get an upgrade copy of 7 or 8.