lost my MS Office programs, but need to recover them

vanzelm1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I couldn't start my desktop PC for ove a year. Utimately I got in(by ''jiggery pokery & reset), but need now to recover them all my documents still remain. I'd love to be able to open them in 'MS Office programs on this machine.
I have a 'Home Group Network' on another laptop machine on which the 'Office suite' works. Can I copy and transfer that 'Program suite' to this desktop PC?

Solution
copy and paste an installed application? no sorry. office will need to be installed afresh.
you can copy and paste the installer, and then install on the target PC. installed programs cannot be copied
if you cannot install office again there are a few free office suites that are MS office compatible. libreoffice or openoffice as examples.

if the documents are there you should be able to transfer them to the other machine.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
copy and paste an installed application? no sorry. office will need to be installed afresh.
you can copy and paste the installer, and then install on the target PC. installed programs cannot be copied
if you cannot install office again there are a few free office suites that are MS office compatible. libreoffice or openoffice as examples.

if the documents are there you should be able to transfer them to the other machine.

Solution