Low Digital Strength

Ed2956

Estimable
May 20, 2014
I'm getting the low digital strenth message on my camper Tv. I have a digital antenna on the camper and I'm only 20 miles from Philadelphia. I got channels fine last year but his year none. connections are good and TV works fine when playing DVD's . Just can't receive channels. I was told by Sansui that it probably is the digital converter. Can this be the answer.

Solution
Since you are using an outboard ATSC digital tuner the TV is just a display so the problem is either the amplified antenna or the converter box. If you can borrow a TV with a digital tuner built in, or another converter box, that would tell you where the problem is.

Ed2956

Estimable
May 20, 2014
Yes it is and I have an amplified digital antenna. I also took it camping this weekend , still close to the city , in an open field , and had the same message.

Ed2956

Estimable
May 20, 2014
OK I tried another TV and only got 2 channels. None of the local channels. I did not get the same 2 channels with the camper TV. so I'm thinking that either means it's the TV or maybe nothing is wrong, just the it's not receiving the digital signal or it's a cheap tv and just don't work as well. So I guess I need a stronger antenna? I have a Winegard Sensar III currently.