Low Fortnite fps even on my gpus recommended settings (high)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 26, 2018
So, recently I couldn’t understand - why am I playing on the lowest settings 1080p and still having unwanted fps... I am playing with my laptop plugged in and I have it installed on my ssd AND, from my NVIDIA control panel, I’m using my NVIDIA card to play Fortnite. Any help is appreciated.

My specs: GTX 960M 4GB vram, i5 4210h, 8GB ram

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
i didnt see your last post, ignore my last post for now. Tracking cookies are harmless but if it found malware delete those. Do what the program says. After its done and you have restarted boot into safe mode and run malwarebytes there 2nd time. After that run both scans in normal windows 2nd time.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
yeah sure but if you find any malware you need to do multiple scans with different programs, like i said you can run malwarebytes in safe mode too. If you have windows 7 then just spam F8 right after booting up before you get into operating system, you should get option to choose safe mode or safe mode with networking. Fire that up and run malwarebytes. if you dont have win7 then google how to get to safe mode

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Make sure your power setting is set to high performance, gtx 960m is a mediocre gpu at best. Can you list what settings you have on Nvidia control panel? You are going to have to scale back the settings to play the game. Try using msi afterburner to overclock the gpu. But watch the temps, just keep the cooling fan/s spun up to max.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
do as many scans until there is no malware left. Then try play games again, you can try 1080p but all other settings low. I have a mate who has msi gaming laptop with 960m and it was hitting well over 100fps constant with everything low 1080p