Low FPS on ROG laptop

adrian_20013

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
Hello guys,recently I bought a laptop,it's an ASUS ROG G551-JW with i7 4750hq processor 3.2 ghz,GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 and 8gb RAM.I downloaded some games like Far Cry 4,Fallout 4,CSGO and GTA V and all of them are running with low fps on the recomended settings by Nvidia Experience.Is there any solution to fix this?

Solution
Ok then. What I suggest you do know is manually go into your games and play around with the graphical settings to see what best fits you. First, try turning Anti Aliasing (AA) off, and switching everything to medium. Still getting a really high frame rate? Bring up the settings a little more and go to 2x AA.

Do this with every game you have. Every game will be different because they use different game engines.

adrian_20013

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016

I have disabled battery boost so I can not modify that value

It shouldn't matter. If you go to a game in Geforce Expereince, then click the "wrench" tab, there should be a sliding bar with one end saying "performance" and the other saying "quality". That's the FPS bar I'm talking about. Move it to almost maxed out towards performance and see if that helps anything.

adrian_20013

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016

OK I am trying it right now
UPDATE I tried it right now.It turns all my settings to the lowest and I do not want this

Ok then. What I suggest you do know is manually go into your games and play around with the graphical settings to see what best fits you. First, try turning Anti Aliasing (AA) off, and switching everything to medium. Still getting a really high frame rate? Bring up the settings a little more and go to 2x AA.

Do this with every game you have. Every game will be different because they use different game engines.

Solution