Low Light Camera

CHRISSIECAT

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hi. I am looking for a point and shoot digital camera that is good in low light situations. My husband is in a band and I do photography at their gigs which I then post to facebook. My currently Canon SX60 is producing a lot of blurry photos when I try to capture each band member playing. What would be my best choice for this situation? thank you!!

Solution
The Panasonic you mentioned looks like a solid choice.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
f/1.4 @ wide end
f/2.3 @ telephoto end

Canon PowerShot ELPH 500 HS
f/2.0 @ wide end
f/5.8 @ telephoto end

Based only on the specs it appears the Panasonic will give you better low-end performance at both the wide angle and telephoto (zoom) ends.

CHRISSIECAT

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015

Hi ! Thanks for your reply. I am looking at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 which looks like it would work for me without getting into DSLR or SLR. Our band is just a local one without a big budget lol so I am trying to do my best. I would like to know what you think of the Panasonic I mentioned. Thank you !!

CHRISSIECAT

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015

Thanks ... I will look at the camera as well.

The Panasonic you mentioned looks like a solid choice.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
f/1.4 @ wide end
f/2.3 @ telephoto end

Canon PowerShot ELPH 500 HS
f/2.0 @ wide end
f/5.8 @ telephoto end

Based only on the specs it appears the Panasonic will give you better low-end performance at both the wide angle and telephoto (zoom) ends.

Solution

CHRISSIECAT

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015

Thank you !! I am going to go on line and price the Panasonic now! You have been very helpful! have a great weekend.