Low microphone output

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Hello so i am having trouble with my logitech usb microphone. I had lent it to a friend and i got it back i am testing it out using sound recorder in accessories and i literally have to either yell or be very close to my microphone so that i am heard. I have tried different usb ports restarting my computer putting microphone volume to max in advanced volume controls. before i had lent it to my friend i could be like 20 feet away from my microphone and still be heard. Now i am trying to figure out if it was damaged or i forgot to change a sound option?

G

I'd get your friend to test the microphone on his machine and if it doesn't work, it may suggest that it's broken (and maybe he broke it).

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I'd get your friend to test the microphone on his machine and if it doesn't work, it may suggest that it's broken (and maybe he broke it).

alright guess ill try that. one more question i went and tried to test my logitech usb headset i changed the sound recording to logitech usb headset turned mic all the way up but i am not getting any sound output from the mic on the headset. The headphones work on it but the mic doesn't seem to any ideas?

G

Well, save the journey to your friends' place. If the mike on the headset isn't working either, then the problem is with the computer.