Low / no GSM signal after update

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi there,

I have updated my phone through "Wireless Update" found in the System menu and since it's been updated I have either low signal or no signal at all (depending on location). For example, at my workplace there isn't much signal strength by originally but my phone was available at 3/5 signal strength marks. Now I have Zero marks and no network, nobody can call me all day long. At home, the signal strength was 5/5 before now it's 4/5 constantly but if someone calls me it drops to 1/5 or 2/5 immediately.

My phone is a THL4000 with KitKat 4.4.2, MTK6582KK

Would you please help me how can I solve this problem?

Solution
It sounds like it is a carrier issue to me, but you can try the following and see if it helps.

Go into your settings and locate the update or system update area. it also may be hidden in the about phone section. From here you want to update the PRL (which is the phone's coverage area) as well as update the phone's profile (the voice and data settings). This should resolve the problem.

If it doesn't, you may need to contact your carrier and find out if there are any changes that were made to the coverage area, or other updates your phone may need to resolve the problem.
It sounds like it is a carrier issue to me, but you can try the following and see if it helps.

Go into your settings and locate the update or system update area. it also may be hidden in the about phone section. From here you want to update the PRL (which is the phone's coverage area) as well as update the phone's profile (the voice and data settings). This should resolve the problem.

If it doesn't, you may need to contact your carrier and find out if there are any changes that were made to the coverage area, or other updates your phone may need to resolve the problem.

Solution