cross47

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello, first time posting here, sorry if the title is not too self explanatory. Excuse the long post but I want to include as much information as possible in case it might help.

I have a laptop I haven't used at all for a few months. And I lost the AC adapter so I went to buy one but I had trouble finding one for 130W+.

I got a universal 90W adapter to work. It said "charging" but when it boots up I get a Warning indicating that because it's lower than 130W it might cause some performance issues. I disabled those warnings through the bios, and I can see it recognizes the adapter as it sais Adapter 90W in bios settings.

So I turned it on used it for 1-2 hours and the battery got up to around 55%. Then I had to leave and I shut it down for 2-3 hours when I left, but I also unplugged it. When I came back it wouldn't open unplugged, the battery was discharged. So I booted up again and its charging from 0%

So I have two questions. Is it an issue to use a lower Wattage ac adapter? Did my battery die?
Thanks for your time

cross47

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015

Yes its ~4 years old, It has decent specs and I need it for University since I cannot afford a new One. Merry christmass by the way thanks for the reply

cross47

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015

WoW thanks, I looked for one Localy and they sell for 3 times that! cheers!