LulzSec Disbands After 50 Days of Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser_25

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Wow alot done for just 6 people, kinda GG on them, shows how a few people with knowledge can actually do something to disrupt the system.

G

Now what internet gang will the media constantly report about? Maybe someone will step up and hack Battlefield Play for Free!

G

[citation][nom]Kaiser_25[/nom]Wow alot done for just 6 people, kinda GG on them, shows how a few people with knowledge can actually do something to disrupt the system.[/citation]
What did they actually disrupt?

G

[citation][nom]halodude23[/nom]PSN NetworkCIACreators WebsitesCompanies[/citation]
PSN, wasnt that Anon?
CIA, it was offline for like a day tops. A DDOS attack.
?
I am sure EA was really disrupted losing those Battlefield Heroes account info, or Bioware with the Neverwinter nights forum hack.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]PSN, wasnt that Anon?CIA, it was offline for like a day tops. A DDOS attack.?I am sure EA was really disrupted losing those Battlefield Heroes account info, or Bioware with the Neverwinter nights forum hack.[/citation]
lulzsec came from anon's ranks, just as anon came from 4chan

G

Looks like, "Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" syndrome.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
all this translates to is the feds caught the right aholes and now the rest of them are running scared. the feds will get all of them soon enough. a hackers meekness always is that they like to brag

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Happy in a way that they showed that a few peeps can bypass security in places that were supposed to be secure now that some companies want you to share your whole life on line in the cloud... my advice - Thing again before putting it all there, its available 24/7 to everyone with skill enough!

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Happy in a way that they showed that a few peeps can bypass security in places that were supposed to be secure now that some companies want you to share your whole life on line in the cloud... my advice - Thing again before putting it all there, its available 24/7 to everyone with skill enough![/citation]

what are you going on about? they were attacking secure servers not hacking social media sites like facebook

FAIL

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
They shown themselves to be very effective in carrying out intrusion into tightly secured places, but I'm not too sure what their mission was. Say if they hacked apple for locking users into exclusive carriers or another company for having crappy software that's a ripoff, then it kinda makes sense. By making security measures ineffective are they waging war against the concept of 'security'? I'm not sure how to follow from that.

G

Look. You guys are missing the point. These guys, good or bad, it doesn't matter. What they wanted more than anything was to get a clear message out to two types of people. Us and Them. We as consumers, are lacking our senses in this digital era and as such we're beginning to lose our rights as people. While also calling us idiots and enlightenting us to the fact that there are enemies on all sides. The ones you can't see, Companies, Government, and Hackers likewise, are the ones that are truly terrifying.

LulzSec, if you're reading this, and I sincerely hope you do, please know that I've heard what you have had to say and I'm inspired by what you tried to accomplish. And while may opinion may seem a bit naive, trust me, it isn't, I can understand the entire spectrum of thing.

The Good, The Bad, and the Lulz.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So while these hackers claim that you can't stop them by arresting a few measly individuals, they are happy to call themselves "we" and disband as they see fit.

Somewhat contradictory, but I'll pretend I didn't see that hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS