M-Audio AV 40 no sound coming through

madlaughter

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
These were working up until today, I don't know what changed.

-Windows 7
-M-Audio AV40 speakers
-ASUS VS278Q monitor
-Geforce 670 GPU

https://i.imgur.com/OxttVTs.png is what my sound screen looks like

The white and red wires of the speaker are plugged into the back of my monitor which is plugged into the desktop via HDMI.

Can anyone help me fix this?
Java:
UPDATE: I updated my Nvidia drivers and while they were mid-install the sound started working. No idea how.

dudio

Admirable
My guess is Windows did an update first and destroyed your configuration, and you re-enabled it by reinstalling your HiDef audio out from the GPU. I had to tell Windows 10 TWICE to stop touching my hardware drivers.

dudio

Admirable
My guess is Windows did an update first and destroyed your configuration, and you re-enabled it by reinstalling your HiDef audio out from the GPU. I had to tell Windows 10 TWICE to stop touching my hardware drivers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Audio 3
DakiMC Audio 1
kk897 Audio 1
G Audio 0
P Audio 0
H Audio 0
P Audio 3
B Audio 2
B Audio 0
A Audio 2
T Audio 1
lynex8 Audio 3
S Audio 4
C Audio 1
B Audio 2
N Audio 2
R Audio 3
C Audio 1
A Audio 2
C Audio 1
Similar threads
Question What happens if I connect RCA of a sterio speaker (3.5mm male to be used for line out)to line in of CPU ? Does it cause any harm to my speaker?
Question 5.1 surround plays sound on all speakers instead of separately
Question The microphone is working and my Mac detects the device, but won't transfer sound - why?
Question Toshiba Tv connects well with chrome cast but audio does not come from sound bar
Question Something weird is going on with my audio
Question DAC Player broken or just the IEM wire? Need help finding out
Question Input Buzzing PLEASE HELP (Ground loop????)
Question How to get 5.1 Surround Sound from my HP Omen 875 PC to Receiver or Bose System from 1 3.5 Audio Out
Question How can I get my consoles sound to come through my computer?
Question Hello, I have AOC u2868pqu and also no sound coming out of the built-in speakers. I found out the speakers only work only when PIP/PBP is turned on
What if my tv does not have an audio in connection? How do I get sound from DVD player to come out of my tv
Audio won't come out of Vizio Sound bar from a Samsung TV?
PC Audio test sound coming from both side.
Solved! Will an audio extension cable prevent sound coming from built in speakers?
Razer Kraken Pro audio sounds like its coming from a different direction
Realtek HD Audio. Sound doesnt come to black.
No audio coming from xbox 360 through my surround sound?
Logitech 5.1 Speakers but sound only comes out of front left and right
When does a dup sound comes out of a pa speaker
No audio sound coming from my computer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY