Macbook air mid 2012 i5 4gb 64gb ssd

iftihq

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Is macbook air 2012 good enough for 2016? Will it be slow in any task or like browsing youtube facebook and stuffs like watching series etc not heavy stuffs. Cause it will be my first mac and I heard people say mac dosn't get slow. And will it be able to handle lol (league of legends) game?
Thank you.

Solution
Yea, you will be totally fine but don't expect to blow any speed records. I have a 2012 macbook pro (im currently replying to you on, lol), that has been upgraded with a ssd upgrade and memory, so it's basically an air....lol.

For me its perfect as a mobile development machine (coding and some gimp work) and I can still play games like KSP (on low detail if I want lots of mods).

And just for the record, macs dont get "slow" for a few reasons.
1. apples were not targeted by malware and virii like windows was/is (they are more than they used to but...).
2. ...its impossible to install anything "behind the scenes", anything you're installing is manually installed by you.
3. that high price is not just paying for the os and build...

Sir_3_

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Yea, you will be totally fine but don't expect to blow any speed records. I have a 2012 macbook pro (im currently replying to you on, lol), that has been upgraded with a ssd upgrade and memory, so it's basically an air....lol.

For me its perfect as a mobile development machine (coding and some gimp work) and I can still play games like KSP (on low detail if I want lots of mods).

And just for the record, macs dont get "slow" for a few reasons.
1. apples were not targeted by malware and virii like windows was/is (they are more than they used to but...).
2. ...its impossible to install anything "behind the scenes", anything you're installing is manually installed by you.
3. that high price is not just paying for the os and build quality, its also higher binned parts (antiquated as they may be some times, haha).

Solution